If you are from any of these countries, You don’t need a VISA to enter Thailand:
55 Countries allowed to enter Thailand under the VISA EXEMPTION RULE:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Slovak Republic
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
If you are not from any of the countries in the above list, Visa on Arrival is the easiest option . It’s quite simple and can be obtained with out any hassle. If you are planning to get one online in advance, then you’ll have to submit many documents including last 6months bank statement and wait for a week, track the progress and so on. Whereas for the On-arrival visa, it takes hardly 15 mins for the whole process to complete (depends on the length of the applicants queue as well ).
You’ll need these for the Tourist-Visa-On-Arrival :
- Valid Passport
- 2 Recent Photos for Thailand Visa application (Photo booth is available near the Visa on arrival Counter)
- Filled Visa Application Form (Form is available near the Visa on Arrival Counter)
- Visa Fee can be either 1,000 BHT or 2,000 BHT per person (Thailand embassy decides the fee and it varies from time to time)
- You’ll need 10,000 BHT per person as show money (Very rarely and randomly they ask for it, better be on the safe side to avoid unnecessary problems)
- Show return ticket (better to carry a printout)
- Proof of booked accommodation and address.
The process is very simple. Once you arrive at Thailand airport, follow the Visa on Arrival board.
Once you reach the Visa On arrival counter, look for the forms nearby, quickly pick one and stand in the queue and fill it. Give the filled form along with the documents to the counter and they’ll verify it and issue a token. Once your token number appears on the screen, just go to the embassy staff and they’ll grant the Visa.
Tip : Keep a pen and gum with you.